Uplifting Teens & Young Adults
On May 27th, 2023, MAS-SSF’s Shifa for Youth program held an informative virtual workshop, Uplifting Teens & Young Adults.
This workshop presented information on how youth can be uplifted and the impacts of sadness, loneliness, and depression.
We also discussed potential causes of the effects of social media, identified what is normal from what is concerning, validated fluctuations in emotions as a normal process, and acknowledged the presence of toxic positivity as well.
At the end, youth were provided with support resources & organizations that they could follow.
- Youth-led workshop by 7 youth leaders from the Shifa for Youth Program
- 1-hour presentation on the topic of uplifting youth
- Interactive chat questions & useful resources to support & empower youth
- 66 registrants; 208 event page views; 32+ attendees on Zoom
- Our audience ranged from ages 16-31; majority were aged 22-24
- 22 survey responses with high ratings and positive feedback (96% average satisfaction)
- $25 gift card – Congratulations to our Survey Raffle winner, Mary!
Thank you to those who joined and participated in our workshop. We hope you all found it beneficial. Please subscribe to our email list or follow us on Instagram @mas_ssf.youth for updates on our next event. We look forward to seeing you again in the next workshop!