MAS Social Services Foundation (MAS-SSF) is a local non-profit organization that aids families at large and the Muslim community in Mental Health. MAS-SSF seeks a Programs Director to manage different programs under the supervision of the MAS-SSF Executive Committee.
The Programs Director will work alongside the Executive Director, both reporting directly to the MAS-SSF Executive Committee. The Programs Director will deliver and execute certain programs, while the Executive Director will manage strategy, funding, financial, administrative, and public engagement.
MAS-SSF is a leading advocate for the social services needs of the community, providing counseling in multiple languages representing the Muslim population. MAS-SSF aids the most underserved members of the Muslim community, including new immigrants and refugees. We also aim to keep families together by bridging the cultural gap between fully engaged youth and their parents who grew up outside the USA.
Salary and Hours
40 hours a week.
Salary and benefits are negotiable depending on the candidate’s experience.
This position is in Sacramento, CA.
The Programs Director will independently lead programs and manage staff while serving under the Executive Committee. Both the Programs Director and the Executive Director will cooperate in planning and administering programs, ensuring compliance with local and state regulations and management directions.
General Management and Administration
- Work with the Executive Director on strategic planning for MAS-SSF.
- Lead and supervise staff, counselors, volunteers, and consultants for the Amala Hopeline Program, a program providing peer counseling and referral resources for American Muslim youth.
- Lead and supervise the staff and volunteers for Al-Afia for Seniors Program. Al-Afia provides programs, activities, and services for Muslim seniors in an effort to prevent mental health issues associated with aging.
- Lead and supervise the TAY Advocacy Program. TAY Advocacy trains transitional-age youth in leadership and public speaking to help impact Muslim youth needs.
- Lead and supervise the Shifa for Youth Program. Shifa for Youth provides training for youth and young adults as peer specialists and provides opportunities for them to serve the community.
- Lead and supervise staff for the Community Education Program.
- Lead and manage staff for the Amanah House. Amanah House is the only dedicated domestic violence shelter for Muslim Women. Cooperate with stakeholders such as My Sisters’ House.
- Lead and manage the volunteers of MAS-SSF.
- Conduct staff evaluations under supervision.
- Identify opportunities to improve staff professional development opportunities individually and as an organization.
- Participate in fundraising and grant writing efforts for programs under your management.
- Complete required reports for programs under your management.
- Hire and train staff for programs under your management.
- Write blogs and provide material for social media and other public relations outlets. Lead and oversee employees or consultants managing media outlets.
- Manage MAS-SSF’s online presence with support from IT staff
- Lead and develop training efforts.
- Attend committee and MAS-SSF Executive Committee meetings and report on various tasks.
- Manage the organization in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Additional work to be conducted with the collaboration of others
- Provide support for event management.
- Provide support with advocacy and policy efforts.
- Provide support with Memorandum of Understanding agreements with organizations that support MAS-SSF’s mission and vision.
Areas of Cooperation with the Executive Director
- Human resources personnel policies and procedures, including maintaining employee personnel files and overseeing payroll and compensation processes, benefits, and quarterly performance management systems, in accordance with MAS-SSF’s policy and legal requirements.
- Review and revise all procedures, systems, and policies on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that all human resource-related matters are handled appropriately and in compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations and laws.
- Develop and maintain job postings and descriptions and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct work experience in administration, project, or program management.
- Minimum of 3 years as a supervisor.
- Experience in working with Middle Eastern, North African, and South Asian communities.
- Experience as a strategic thought partner with the ability to engage in creative, entrepreneurial thinking and to execute and operationalize strategies and new initiatives.
- High degree of integrity and dependability, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff, members, and volunteers from diverse communities and economic backgrounds.
- Experience in public speaking and presentations.
- Experience working with project or program committees.
- Excellent supervision and people-management skills with proven ability to mentor, motivate and support through inclusive leadership and collaborative problem solving, and maintenance of a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment while fulfilling the MAS-SSF mission.
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in one or more of our target languages: Arabic, Urdu, Pashto, Dari, Farsi.
- Ability to work collaboratively while taking initiative, flexibly, and through a team process with others.
- Experience in finance, budget development and management, and grant writing.
- Experience with delivering training.
- Experience with outreach and marketing of programs.
- Experience in mental health and social services.
Reports to the Executive Committee
For inquiries or to apply, please send your resumes with a cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Programs Director). For any questions, please email Executive Director email@example.com.
Final Filing Date
Open until TBD